Now that I've accepted Christ, what's next?
1. Share your faith in Christ. Tell your family and friends that you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior and that you are going to Heaven when you die.
2. Begin immediately to read your Bible everyday. Purchase a King James Version of the Bible and begin to read it as soon as you can.
3. Become a part of a Bible teaching church. Find a Bible believing church to attend and talk with the pastor about your decision to receive Jesus Christ.
4. Be baptized by immersion as soon as you can.
"We believe there are two ordinances of the local church. They are baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Scriptural baptism is the immersion of believers in water, in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, administered by the authority of a New Testament Church and is prerequisite to the privileges of a church relation and to the Lord’s Supper. The Lord’s Supper is a memorial ordinance of the local church members according to the individual examinations and teaching of I Corinthians 11:17-34. The unleavened bread and fruit of the vine, grape juice, are to commemorate the dying love of Christ. This is a local church ordinance. Non-church members do not participate. (Acts 8:38; Mark 1:9-10)" From the Longview Baptist Temple doctrinal statement.
5. Contact us. Select the link below and let us know about your decision so we can rejoice with you.The “real” spiritual person lives inside the physical body. That is the reason our bodies slowly begin to decay and fade in strength, yet the spiritual person feels as young as they every have. One day you will die and your spirit will be set free. James 2:26, “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.” Your spiritual life has begun. The Bible says that we were dead in our sins but that Jesus Christ has given us life. Always remember the day when you asked Jesus Christ to be your Savior. It was the day you were born again.